2. International Market Access Programs
NGIN international access program(s) are for sustainable technology entrepreneurs who are ready to enter international markets. The IAP offers the right contacts, international business preparation, in-market assimilation, and local facilities tailored to each entrepreneur’s situation. These programs last from two weeks to three months.
• US-Bound International Access Programs assists entrepreneurs in entering the world’s largest economy. The West Coast program is hosted at LACI’s headquarters in Los Angeles and the East Coast Program is held at Greentown Labs in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
• Non-US Bound International Access Programs Working with its members in ten countries, NGIN provides entrepreneurs with vetted IAP programs for India, China, Brazil, Japan and Europe. NGIN often works with sponsoring organizations to facilitate multi-market, multi-company market access.
3. Building High Performance Innovation Ecosystems
THE NGIN ECOSYSTEM DEVELOPMENT MODEL
Many of the markets that need cleantech innovation and commercialization do not have well developed ecosystems to support development in their home market.
Many factors contribute to this, ranging from cultural (few countries have a history of entrepreneurism, for example) to the lack of knowledge (using best practices) to the embryonic nature of the cleantech market itself (thus not generating the resources to develop and sustain an ecosystem). To address this gap, NGIN is working with organizations, cities and countries to strengthen their cleantech commercialization ecosystem.
Working with organizations like the World Bank, the U.S. State Department, Washington State, Mexico City and the government of Ethiopia, NGIN is implementing its Cleantech Ecosystem Model as a blueprint for commercialization acceleration. The Model is a comprehensive solution to cleantech innovation and commercialization that has six interconnected components phased in over time.
NGIN HIGH PERFORMANCE INCUBATION BOOT CAMPS
High Performance Incubation Boot Camp: This five-day intensive workshop is aimed at management teams and program managers who want to take their programs to the next level. This program includes pipeline development, Entrepreneur-in-Residence coaching programs, business model assessment, operations and successful network programs.
5. Industry-Wide Technology Challenges
NGIN is partnering with GreenMomentum (its Mexico City NGIN member), to launch GreenMomentum’s new Platform 39 Global Industry Challenge. P39 is focused on identifying big, industry-wide technology problems and then using the NGIN network to issue global technology challenges. Entrepreneurs from NGIN, Cleantech Open, and other programs can respond to these challenges to compete for technology funding.
8. Best Practices From 20+ Premier Innovation Institutions
We’re going to share our knowledge and experience in building effective ecosystems with the rest of the world. Beyond holding a range of best practice workshops, licensing our business assistance content, and training the trainers, we will help our members and others build ecosystems with our help. We’ve done that for LA, CDMX, Washington State, CSUN, Ethiopia and Fremont.